Thursday, April 21, 2005

escape

What do you do when you want to get away from your own thoughts and feelings? Last night, I got home about 10:30PM. I was unhappy by some of the things I had done that day. No major sin issues, just frustration. I wanted certain things to happen in such a way, and they didn't. I wanted to go home, watch a movie (to drown out the thoughts in my head), and fall asleep exhausted. Well, God gave me a very amazing wife. She challenged me to talk through my thoughts, embrace reality, and deal with my frustrations. I went to bed refreshed, not totally free from all my emotions, but happy that I didn't just avoid the issue.

Great quote of the day: "There is no greater obstacle to truth and revelation than to think you already know what you need to know." John Fischer

3 comments:

Life Raft said...

It's not often I want to get away from my own thoughts. I think I use sports for that sometimes. Something I often ponder is the spiritual and emotional drain from ministry intensive days and how the next day is so tough (I think this relates). It's often very hard to have my mind focus well after such a day. I'm leaning towards spending more of my devotional times at some times in music worship and maybe poetry / art stuff. I guess that may be escapist. Or maybe it just refocuses me on what my sole pleasure should be. Maybe this doesn't relate. It's just kind of where my mind is taking me.

Anonymous said...

You probably don't want to know what I do to escape, and if you did, you wouldn't want it posted here. - BMG

Seth said...

to escape? i turn the music up louder...