Monday, April 25, 2005

mondays motivations

some Mondays are a dreary start to the week, but this morning was different. Despite my crazy cat attacking my toes before my alarm went off, I had a fabulous morning. I spent some time in prayer and reading the Word. I was shocked in Jeremiah 2 of humanity's constant struggle to remain faithful to God. I was shocked because every verse was pointing at me. I run from God, I turn to worthless idols, and I so easily get distracted by the temporal things of this world. All in all, I was reminded of God's grace this morning. I have hope!

This weekend was very hard. I picked up my grandma from the airport on Friday. Her health is waning now that she is 80. My parents are considering putting her in a nursing facility. She (like all of my family) is quite stubborn. Then, on Saturday, my grandma fell and hurt her leg and is still in the hospital. Also, my sister is having a surgery in a few weeks. These family events have weighed heavily on my heart. When I visited my grandma in the hospital on Sunday, I was deeply concerned for her low weight and constant memory lapses. I fear aging so much . . . the fact that our bodies slowly die is a very scary reality for me. I am overjoyed to know that my grandma has hope in Jesus Christ. Her physical life may end sooner than I had hoped, but eternity is soon to begin for my beautiful grandma.

Well, the day is young, the week is young, and it's time to get ready for a week of service to God and others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the journey to the foot of the cross has never been, and never will be easy. How can we be more of a grace-junkie in our day-to-day lives? I wonder that sometimes.

Our grandparent's generation have given so much. How can we thank them for their sacrafices... maybe just to sit at their feet and listen to the wisdom gained in 70+ years of passionately following Christ. - KP