Tuesday, May 31, 2005

spinning . . .

The earth spins at around 750 miles per hour at the latitude of Iowa. I get motion sickness a lot on rollercoasters, so it is not surprising that sometimes I get sick just chilling on this blue marble we call earth. Life seems to spin faster the more I travel. In the last 2 weeks, I've been to Chicago once, Cedar Rapids Twice, and all the cities in between. It's been wild.

On my way back from a very challenging Pastors' Conference at the Moody Bible Institute, my father-in-law and I had to divert our intended travel plans in order to help my stranded sister-in-law. A quick 5 hour trip home, quickly turned into a 10 hour trip. It was wild, frustrating, but also a very special blessing to be there to help Carmen. I was so tired at the end of the trip. The whole week in Chicago was fast and busy. I stayed up too late, slept too little, and had all kinds of fun. I learned more about being a pastor and enjoyed the sweet presence of God with over 1200 other pastors.

In Cedar Rapids, I celebrated another sister-in-law's graduation from Kennedy High School. We had a blast! She rocks!

1 comment:

krisannethimum said...

Hi Matt!
I just stumbled across your blog and thought I'd say hi. It looks like you've been busy!
Kristen