Monday, May 09, 2005

Yep here we go

Monday morning was a hard one. I did not want to get up. I was tired, frustrated, and thinking a few more hours of sleep were just the ticket. Luckily, I have a wife who loves me enough to get me out of bed even when I'd rather rest. This weekend was a hard one. We drove a lot. We worked a lot. And then on Sunday night for "Parent's Night" at junior high youth group, not one parent came. Those things break my heart. I was expecting a good showing, but instead my pride and heart got ripped out and placed on a nice little platter. I am glad that one day I will be ushered into God's presence where there is no weeping nor pain. Until then, I just pray that God increses my faith.

2 comments:

BlondGirl said...

Our childrens' ministry is doing the KidStuf program. I don't know if you know anything about the program or not but the kids (age group K-5) are supposed to bring their parents with them. We have few parents attending with their children. It is really sad.

Seth said...

Matt, I didn't expect so few kids to show up, but I didn't expect full attendance either as it was Mother's Day and I didn't even know about it until Adam told me that night. Do you plan on rescheduling it?

Prayerfully,
Seth