Monday, July 25, 2005

courageous yet timid

Today marks the beginning of another summer week. I have had a great summer. Just last week I traveled with my wife and 6 high school students to Wheaton, IL. We attended a conference that focused on ministering to the needs of our friends. We were challenged to grow in our love for Jesus Christ and to overflow with His love to those closest to us. Helping others see Jesus is a great privilege that every Christian holds.

We went into Chicago's downtown one day via the train. We visited the Institute of Art, which is one of my favorite sites in all of America. The work they have by Van Gogh is amazing. My eyes and heart are captured by those paintings.

I hope to recover a bit this week before I take 20 junior highers to Kansas City next week for 2 days at amusement parks.

My wife and I need to connect . . . these trips take a lot out of ya.

2 comments:

Tim Reineke said...

You have a blog and you didn't tell me about it!!!! lol - I just found out about it from T.J.'s new MSN blog.

Anyway, hope you have a good trip, and leave a comment on my blog sometime.

Anonymous said...

hey matt!
you're so cool! hello banana phone! ya. we like your blog. its top notch. see you in youth group!
sarah g. and abby n.