Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday fun

Today I met a good friend for breakfast. We met when I was in college and he was in middle school. He is a gifted guy with a fascinating personality. He has a hunger for God and a passion to be a MAN. The time with him was rich and encouraging. I wish him the best as he takes on college this coming fall. The rest of the day was filled with work work. I am performing a wedding on Friday so I finished up all that prep and now I am working on a sermon. I preach in church like 2-4 times a year so it's a very cool privilege, but it is hard to only preach once in a blue moon. You think that this one sermon has to change the church in order to save the world. I know that's a little over dramatic, but I struggle with that sometimes. It's pride and hope fighting it out. I know God can do amazing things in a drop of a hat . . . but sometimes I want God to do all the work and then give me all the credit. That's the sinful nature in me . . .

Lord, help me to be a vessel for your glory . . . not mine.

He must become greater, I must become less. John 3

No comments: