Thursday, May 18, 2006

one of my heros!



Jan Werling was my 7-12th grade Fellowship of Christian Athletes (F.C.A.) huddle leader. FCA is a national ministry that focuses on reaching and ministering to teenage athletes. They have camps, sportinge events, and local ministries called huddles. At these bi-weekly huddles we played games, laughed, studied the Bible, and shared life together. Jan was more than just an adult volunteer. She opened her home, heart, and life to dozens of students each year (thousands of students by now if we added it all up). Jan was the first lady outside my family to give me a hug. She was the first person to tell me she loved me. She is an awesome lady that I am fortunate to still see on a regular basis. Just last week she took me out for coffee and donut . . . it was super fun!!

Thanks Jan for all your love!

No comments: