Monday, February 05, 2007

Evangelical Feminism


I am currently reading Wayne Grudem's book "Evangelical Feminism: A New Path to Liberalism?" You can read a good write up on this book here: http://www.challies.com/archives/002369.php

I have been interested in the role of women in ministry for a number of years. I grew up in a mainline United Methodist Church that employed female pastors. As I grew to love the Scriptures and also an appreciation for evangelicalism, I began to question a number of practices and beliefs concerning my spiritual upbringing. First and foremost, I began to believe in the authority of Scripture which then through the lens of God's Holy Word all other beliefs and practices flow.

One key area that keeps coming up is the role of women in ministry. I just wanted to pass on 2 useful online helps that I think any thinking person should read and digest before they just accept the current trends on women in ministry. Both are books written by Wayne Grudem available now in a free pdf download.

They are:

Evangelical Feminism and Biblical Truth and Rediscovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood

You can check out a whole lot of other free resources from a number of authors here: http://www.cbmw.org/resources/books.php

No comments: