Saturday, June 02, 2007

new computer and fun


Carrie and I brought a new child into our home on Thursday evening . . . no, she didn't deliver our baby 2 months early. We got a new computer. Carrie's desktop went up in a cloud of smoke almost 2 months ago. My laptop at church has been dying a slow death so we didn't think it was worth trying to take it out to Denver Seminary. So we purchased a new HP laptop. It's nothing over the top, but I am enjoying playing on it. It's an HP Pavilion dv6000, running Vista Home Premium, and Microsoft Office 2007.

My previous laptop was a Dell, and I lost loyalty to Dell as I made a huge investment in telephone conversations with service people and ordering new parts. I'm not ready to go Apple . . . maybe the next computer purchase. I don't think I'm enough artsy-postmodern-yupppy to go Apple. Soon though . . . I here Colorado transforms many people to the world of Macintosh.

BTW - I like Vista . . . a lot! And FYI, I've never had a PC crash due to Microsoft software . . . only due to hardware. I think Bill Gates knows what he's doing.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ooh! I have recently purchased the same model, but in white! I'm so excited...I can't wait for it to get here. I had to go through customer fulfillment at best buy just to get them to ship it from their warehouse...and I had to prepay ~_~

congrats congrats on your new computer =D