Thursday, June 14, 2007

sorry for the limited action . . .




June is flying by. We have been relentlessly packing up our home and getting ready for the big move.

June 5-11th we traveled to the Pine Ridge Reservation in Wanblee, South Dakota. for 3 1/2 days we ministered to children, helped update a children's home, and helped a new ministry couple and family move in and clean up the place. then we spent 2 1/2 days in Sioux Falls on our return trip ministering at an urban mission and also to help set-up for a week-long rodeo Bible camp. We came home to prepare for our garage sale this Friday and Saturday. Next week we move out June 21st. We will pack up most of our stuff in a garage and spend 6 weeks living out of our suitcases in the home of friends until our August 5th departure to Denver Seminary.

At the same time, I am teaching through the book of Galatians (Romans-lite as a friend of mine calls it) to our 7-12th grade students on Wednesday evenings. Also, I have my 2nd of 4 Sunday morning messages on the book of Jude this Sunday AM.

On the side I am reading through a book called "Sacred Marriage" with my wife. I am half-way through N.T. Wright's "Jesus" and hoping to finish his "The Resurrection of the Son of God" as well before we ship off west. These are not books I'll probably get around to during the thick of seminary. I am also gearing up for my Greek entrance exam. I am using Machen's beginner's book and Mounce's as well.

1 comment:

Noah Braymen said...

Big NT Wright fan?

Man, I need to get back to work on Hebrew...

Praying for you brother!