Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ordination Service and Farewell

It's official . . . I am going to be ordained by the Evangelical Free Church of America on July 22, 2007. If you consider yourself friend, family or colleague, please consider this a formal invitation to the event. It just so happens to be my church farewell party as well.

When: 5PM July 22, 2007 First Evangelical Free Church, 1407 Kate Shelley Drive, Boone, IA 50036

What: A potluck dinner to start with and an Ordination Service to follow. Come hungry, this wonderful congregation from Boone sure knows how to cook!

I went through an Ordination Council on Tuesday April 17, 2007. (you can read about it "Ah . . . it's over".) The 30 plus guests challenged my theological beliefs and ministry practices. The room was filled with pastors, lay people of Evangelical Free churches, and several dear friends. They voted unanimously to recommend me to the national office of the E.F.C.A. to be ordained. After the national Board of Ministerial Standing read my ordination paper and looked over the transcript from my council, they approved my ordination. Now that's my kind of rubber stamp! And now the only thing left is the service :)

Please come if you are able. I'd love to connect with as many friends and co-laborers before my wife (and baby due Aug. 22) and I head out to Colorado for me to start my program at Denver Seminary this fall.

2 comments:

Jake, Liz, Isaiah & Moriah said...

Congratulations Matt and best wishes as you guys start this new chapter of your lives.

Liz (Cooper) Bates

Anonymous said...

I'll be there Matt. I can't promise that everyone in my family will be well rested, but we'll be there.

Scott Peasley