Thursday, September 27, 2007

Piper and Wright Clash - it's finally among us


On October 23rd John Piper's book attacking N.T. Wright's views on justification will hit the shelves. You can preorder it today if you'd like . . . http://www.gnpcb.org/product/9781581349641

If you are interested, you can read a 7-part interview with Dr. Piper on this upcoming book. http://www.desiringgod.org/Blog/Category/21_commentary/


Wright and Piper are two the most followed and prolific writers among the evangelical world. Many Piper-fans often follow Wright as well. It seems a line is being draw in the sand. Who will you trust for your theological guidance?

If you want to buy this book for me for Christmas, that would be great. I doubt I'll read it until my semester ends. But who knows, I do have a week break for Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Noah Braymen said...

Matt, I had the opportunity to skim the manuscript a few weeks ago. I wouldn't call it an "attack". This is definitely something you'll want to read. It really is well thought out and well written book...if he sticks with the manuscript that the blurbers read you won't be disappointed;)

In Christ,
Noah