Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I miss my family!


About two weeks ago now, we took our trusty 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue in for some simple repairs. Sadly, a near $2,000 repair estimate came back. We ran around in circles for two days, but in the end decided to purchase a newer car. God provided, but the car-to-be needed to be picked up in our home state of Iowa.

So, my amazing mother-in-law took the train out to CO. Then about one day later, Carrie, Samuel, and Peg (she's the fabulous mother-in-law) took off for IA to trade-in our old vehicle for the new. That was Saturday morning, and I am still alone in CO.

Today I got an email from my father-in-law. His wife has taken a lot of pictures since this is the first time Samuel has got to be in that grandparent home. I teared up looking at those pictures. My precious family 500+ miles away!

They get back Friday, and I can't wait!


For those who may be wondering what in the world I have been doing . . . I've been writing my paper for Dr. Blomberg's "Gospels and Acts" class, working, and staying on top of the normal seminary duties.


Isn't my family cute??

3 comments:

Yehudi01 said...

You have a beautiful family! How do you like Iowa? I grew up close to where you are. Great blog and interesting content! Feel free to come over and visit my sites:
http://yehudi-autobroker.blogspot.com

http://yehudi01.blogspot.com

L'Shalom,
Yehudi

shannon mckenna said...

Hey Matt Carrie an baby samual just wanted to say congrats an I miss you being in Iowa please let me know when you come back to visit.

Shannon McKenna
Mary & Co Salon if you forgot who I am already HAHA

Chris said...

Hey Matt, I must say you do have a cute family. From the looks of things you have family and friends spread out everywhere. It’s the same thing with me, my family lives all across the United States and we only get to see each other during the summer at my uncle’s lake house. While your separated you could use www.ooVoo.com, which is a free video conferencing sight that I have been working with lately. The best thing about it is that you can use it with six people at once and it uses minimal bandwidth. Connecting more than two people at once on the screen is really a blast!
Best to you and your family
cturner@abrahamharrison.com