The Des Moines Register details the fall, restoration, and new opportunity for a young Iowa pastor. This pastor actually pastored the United Methodist Church in which I was raised. I had joined the Evangelical Free Church before his arrival to Indianola, but I grew up attending this church. I was confirmed and participated in this church from age 9-17. I'm interested in your thoughts . . .
And then please comment:
1) Was the Indianola church in the right to remove him from leadership?
2) Was the United Methodist denomination in the right for removing his credentials?
3) Was the Disciples of Christ Church wise in ordaining him for ministry?
4) Is this small Ankeny church going to be blessed being led by someone with these past (?) struggles?
5) Should pastors gamble at all? Casinos? March Madness pick-ums? Poker nights with friends?
Remind me to share my thoughts in a week or so.