Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Piper and Wright - post 4

I could probably go deeper and deeper into these issues, but I need to get back to the things I am supposed to be studying for my seminary classes.

Here’s my final word. Whenever I read John Piper, I am challenged to behold the glory of God. He inspires me to worship the God above. Piper moves me, through the Scriptures, to never boast in anything but the finished work of Jesus Christ. There is nothing I can do to inherit the free salvation God offers to all who will surrender their lives to Jesus Christ. Christ makes my salvation sure. Christ makes my obedience possible. We must be careful to never allow our deeds or our human efforts to distort the righteousness that is only possible through the life, death, and resurrection of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory!


Should you read this book? yes! Piper repeats himself a lot in this book, which gets a little annoying at times, but overall, his thoughts are cogent and helpful. Good luck!

No comments: