Monday, March 03, 2008

Good politician . . . inconsistent Baptist

In an interview on Hannity and Colmes, Mike Huckabee took an interesting theological position for a Baptist minister. Since most Baptists (and Protestants in general) see important distinctions between themselves and the Catholic Church, it is fascinating that Huckabee ignores those.

"HUCKABEE:
I absolutely disagree with John Hagee on his view of the Catholic Church. I have never heard him personally express it, but I have heard from others that he has. He is wrong about that. The Catholic Church, I believe, represents a moral center. I'm very grateful for the leadership they have given on the life issue. Frankly, my own denomination, the Baptists, had to take their cues from the Catholics. We came dragging along in the late 1970s. We should have been at the forefront, instead of the back side of that. I'm grateful for their leadership, consistency and tenacity."

Read the entire article for context:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334553,00.html

1 comment:

Tim said...

After reading the context of what Huckabee said, I'm not sure I disagree with him. While I think many Catholics aren't saved and the Catholic church is off base, I'm not sure calling it a whore is something I would do (I've met many saved Catholics). I'm sad to see my man out of the race.
Tim