Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home


This morning (Sunday July 13, 2008) a building collapsed in my hometown of Indianola, IA. The address was 112 W. Ashland Ave, but here's the scary tidbit. My wife and I lived next door at 110 1/2 West Ashland for 3 months right after getting married. If you look at the picture, it's the 2nd story windows you see in the adjacent building to the right!! My dad's financial planning business is on the ground floor and he's not allowed to enter the building (or the new tenants who live above) for fear of heavy rains causing a chain reaction of buildings falling down.

You can read about it via a local news station: http://www.kcci.com/news/16868526/detail.html

It talks about my dad in the section I have italicized. It's so cool to have such celebrities in the family.

"Moore and other people who live and work in that adjoining building are not being allowed back until a structural engineer can examine it."

1 comment:

Shane Vander Hart said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about that yet. It must have happened after church or during otherwise somebody would have mentioned it at Grace.