On April 13, my blog celebrated its 4 year anniversary. Here are a few anniversary thoughts:
1) I still only have like 2 regular readers (and I'm one of them).
2) I have wondered for the last 2 years if blogging is already a dead vehicle. Is Twitter the new king? I hope not! Twitter is the enemy of developed thought. At least a good blog digests info and doesn't just throw up extemporaneous thoughts.
3) I have hoped that the pictures and videos of my family have helped people understand that life is more than thoughts and books. My family loves them, but those who want thoughts just skip by. I've heard my family also ignores the more "thoughtful posts" so I guess that makes both sides even the score.
4) Some people are thinkers and some talkers. I am a talker; therefore, I talk to process my ideas. Unfortunately, I often do some of my thinking by typing/blogging. That means many of these blog thoughts are only the early stages of my maturing thoughts. That being said, you can always disagree and challenge me. I'm in process (and so are you).
5) I wonder if people who read this blog are looking for specific discussion topics??? Send me a shout.