Friday, July 17, 2009

Leadership Journal (2 Good Reads)

Today in class I was assigned an article by John Ortberg called, "Your Hidden Curriculum." Also, last spring I read an article by Gordon MacDonald called, "The Leaf Raking Doctrine." Both articles are powerful. Ortberg's article helps me realize that I am teaching things whether I am speaking or not. The loudest vehicle I have for Jesus is my life (not my tongue).

Click here to read Ortberg's article: http://www.christianitytoday.com/le/thepastor/pastorsrole/hiddencurriculum.html


MacDonald reminds us that being in the spotlight is addictive and deadly. Sometimes we overly enjoy the applause and fawning of admirers, and as such we fail to realize that the people who love us most will never (and shouldn't unless your Jesus) be that impressed with us. They know the good, the bad, and the ugly. As such, they have a sober understanding of us . . . and yet they still love us. Who are we living for?? The crowd who only sees us at our best? Or those who know our worst and love us yet?

Click here to read MacDonald's article:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/le/thepastor/pastorsrole/leafrakingdoctrine.html

No comments: