Monday, March 22, 2010

Arminians and Calvinists - Who's Right?

A fellow Evangelical Free Church pastor, Jack Brooks, is trying to say there may be a different way to understand the cross and salvation . . .

Click here: http://newcovenantliving.blogspot.com/2010/03/calvinist-arminian-confusion-about.html

I appreciate this paragraph:

Nothing in the Scripture teaches that God imputes Christ's righteousness to you in increments. Remission of your sin is a one-and-done deal. In fact, that's what I caught about a praise song we sang at church yesterday "I'll never know how much it cost / to see my sin about that cross". It is Scriptural for the word "sin" to be stated in the singular. My sin, in the aggregate, was laid on Christ. If I am faithless at some time in the future, He remains faithful. Even if I deny Him, as Simon Peter did, He cannot deny himself.

No comments: