Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Poem: "Pressure to Please"


A convicting poem that Lord gave to me during my solitude with him January 25th.

"Pressure to Please"

I rise today to please mere men,
to be loved by hundreds or ten.
But in this pressure I am tied,
Caught in the shackles of dark pride.

I stew on failing to impress,
My prison of eerie distress.
Freedom I seek, but where to turn?
Restless for a Savior, I yearn.

And then I find of one who died,
One who honored God and satisfied,
Where I failed and brought corruption,
One who reverses sin's destruction.

He who performed perfectly for God,
He alone could take my rod.
Free now I am allowed to please,
Him who silenced flesh and brought ease.










Hope this blesses you: All glory to my Savior Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-31).

No comments: