Tuesday, March 08, 2011

God's goodness amidst suffering, a testimony

I received the message below earlier today and have received their permission to make it known. Read, pray, think, worship . . . 




"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."--Job 1:21
We cherish your prayers as our house was robbed yesterday. See below if you have time to read some details...

I came home late tonight from work. Jude [not his real name] was still not home and I could not get a hold of him. I sensed something was wrong and sat in my car in my driveway worshiping to the song below:
Closer/Wrap Me in Your Arms
Into your arms
I'm drawing near again
To dwell with you
It's my only heart's desire
It's my only heart's desire

All I can do
Is fall on my knees and cry
Cleanse me with fire
And purify my heart

Draw me close
Closer than before
Closer than I've ever been

Wrap me in your arms, oh God.
[Repeat]

So take me to that place Lord,
To that secret place where
I can be with you
You can make me like you

Wrap me in your arms
Wrap me in your arms
Wrap me in your arms

As Jude was coming home, God brought the song below to mind and tears to his eyes:

Unashamed Love
You're calling me to lay aside the worries of my day
To quiet down my busy mind and find a hiding place
Worthy, Worthy

I open up my heart and let my spirit worship Yours
I open up my mouth and let a song of praise come forth
Worthy, You are worthy

chorus:
Of a child-like faith
And of my honest praise
And of my unashamed love
Of a holy life
And of my sacrifice
And of my unashamed love

God was preparing us... 
We came home to our house having been burglarized. Police have been here. Forensics left a few hours ago. A detective has been assigned to our case and will call tomorrow. There is a chance that the burglars took a look around our house and will try to come back again. We feel violated and have gone through all the emotions. We're so grateful that we're both safe but still sad, angry, hurt, anxious, etc. 

As God's timing is perfect, once we prayed, cried, talked, etc., we opened our mail to find a bunch of cards from precious family and friends reminding us of what's truly important. God hasn't changed, we are together and God has a baby that He wants to love through us. [They are in the process of saving and raising money to adopt a child.] We had been receiving a card or two one week, then nothing for weeks towards our adoption, yet today we were flooded by God's grace. (Thank you for being one of those we received yesterday!) We cried once again in humility at God's goodness in the midst of a confusing world. We cherish your continued prayers as we give Him the praise due His name, regardless of our circumstances. 

We love you and leave you with an encouragement from the writer of Hebrews: "You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."--Hebrews 10:34-36 God is good all the time...
By His grace alone--

No comments: