Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Great Review of Love Wins by Denver Seminary graduate, Chris Durkin

http://solablogtura.blogspot.com/2011/03/fredo-uncle-ben-and-holy-fear.html

Chris' closing words are haunting and well put:


As I read this book, I couldn't help but think of Spider-man. Yes, Spider-man. The guiding mantra of that character's story is what his Uncle Ben taught him before being shot by a burglar... "With great power comes great responsibility."

Rob Bell has a platform and an audience that I will never have. He is a fantastic communicator and I'm sure, in many ways, a good pastor. But "Love Wins" is an abuse of power. I weep for those who read it and believe that if they are enemies of God (Rom 5:10), blind (2 Cor 4:4), deceived (Tit 3:3), slaves to sin (Gal 4:8-11), dead in sin (Eph 2:1-5), deserving of wrath (John 3:36) God will somehow save them in Hell regardless.

That is why this conversation is important and that is why this book needs to be confronted.

No comments: