Friday, December 30, 2011

Seeking God's Secrets...

I've been meditating on Psalm 25:14: God-friendship is for God-worshipers; they are the ones he confides in. (The Message) or as in the NIV translation...The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. I want to stand in awe of God above all else and tremble before His holy love that I might truly know Him and His rich covenant. But I'm recognizing that I don't really stand in awe of God. I stand in awe of me and stuff. I stand in awe of position and prestige. I'm unwilling to stand in awe of the Servant-Savior and thus live like Him...in the shadows, on my knees, among the outcasts. His secrets are found in service. His secrets are found not in high society, but in the back streets of Galilee. Pray for me that I'd be a friend of God who fears Him rightly and lives like Him accordingly.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Thanks for sharing your heart - it's a challenge to my heart. What a wonderful brother you are!