Saturday, September 12, 2015
10 Reasons to Avoid Church
2) You do not want anyone to ask you for time or money for causes that don't benefit yourself.
3) You think you have arrived morally and ethically; churches will most likely preach ideas that seem old fashioned or out of date culturally and cut against your own desires.
4) You "find God" in various past-times and environments better than the gatherings millions of Christians have pursued in the first 2,000 years of Christianity.
5) You do not want to learn to love difficult people.
6) You won't feel compelled to sing songs that you do not like. You can just stay home and listen to what you like.
7) You won't have to have spiritual leaders trying to get to know you and help you become more like Jesus.
8) You can live your life and write your own story, rather, than be challenged to give up your life and join God's story.
9) You won't have to hear about what humans deserve: death, hell, and judgment.
10) You won't have to hear about what God offers in light of Jesus' life, death and resurrection: forgiveness, heaven, grace, and love.