Tuesday, November 08, 2016

I stand with "the Christians" on Election Day

Some would say election day is the most divisive day in our country. It cuts across people, neighborhoods, and even families.

But let me say, for the record, that I am standing today with the Christians...all those who profess Jesus Christ as LORD.

I am with you, brother Christian, when you cast your vote for straight party Democrat.
I am with you, sister Christian, when you fill in the bubble for straight party Republican.
I am with you, disappointed Christian, who refuses to cast a vote.
I am with you, senior citizen Christian, as you fear your medical future.
I am with you, unemployed Christian, as you face today's mail and its certain bills.
I am with you, Christian of the 1%, as you carry the burden of financial stewardship.
I am with Christian independents, Green Party Christians, Libertarian Christians, evolution-believing Christians, flat-earth convinced Christians, and confused Christians.
I am not ashamed to call you brother; I am not ashamed to call you sister.

Through the blood of Jesus Christ, we are one family. When one of us succeeds, we rejoice. When one suffers, we all mourn. Today I see not a divided family, but one united through the Cross. And by our love for one another, the world (the desperate, broken, and decaying world) will know we are disciples of Jesus.

This is not our home; we're just a passing through. May we be good stewards of each day. May our civility and charity be known to all.

And yes, please, God bless America.

No comments: