Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Human speech and evolutionary impossibitilies

"Speech! To say that animals evolved into man is like saying Carrara marble evolved into Michelangelo's David." So Tom Wolfe closes his 2016 work, The Kingdom of Speech.

In under 200 pages, Wolfe quells the myth of evolution by exposing the absurd jump from animal "speech" to human communication. In fact, he does it not through his own pen, but by quoting every major "evolutionist" since Darwin. The logical and pseudo-science gymnastics of the 'experts' proves one thing, speech is an innate gift in the chest of men. And a gift suggests a Giver.

Wolfe does not go much farther than this, but with Christmas soon to dawn, I found myself worshipping the Triune God by the book's end.

For in Christianity, Speech goes back to the beginning. The Word was in the beginning, with God, and God. This Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. Jesus is God's speech. God wills to be known. Despite the alienation of sin, God says, I want you to know me. And I'm coming to get you. Listen...I'll speak...and His first word was a baby's cry at a mother's breast.


No comments: