Tuesday, January 10, 2017

A Pro-Choice Story - The Year 2035

"Joyce, you're not going to believe this, but I have a daughter."

"What are you talking about, Laura? That's crazy! Wait a minute, how would you not know you had a daughter?"

"Turns out, three years ago the doctor performing my abortion at 35 weeks, didn't actually abort the fetus, but took the thing and put it up for adoption, unbeknownst to me."

"No way. What a lying, SOB. That's got to be illegal."

"Oh, you think that is bad, the adoptive family just died in a massive car crash, and it turns out there isn't any extended family willing to take her. The state just called me because they pieced the whole story together and want to know if I want her back."

"Have you considered utilizing Protocol 45?"

"You bet I have. To think I was lied to and am now put in this position; it's so unfair. Protocol 45 seems like the only option. Otherwise, I'll live my whole life wondering what happened to that girl."

"Yeah, talk about emotionally draining. That's why they implemented Protocol 45. Children can really suck our careers and finances. The last report says a kid costs almost a half a million dollars to raise. The state knew our future depends on Protocol 45. Otherwise our choice and freedom are at risk."

"And to think, Protocol 45 almost got overturned by the Supreme Court last year. It would have cost our country millions to care for and raise all those unwanted kids. Think of what we might lose if tax dollars went to these unwanted organisms? We'd lose our rights to education, health care, and unemployment subsidies. And for what?"

"So, how does it work?"

"Well, I just tell the state I'll take her. Then, I go to a clinic and they euthanize her right there. I hear it's totally painless. They even have fun games and beautiful colors everywhere so the children end their lives so happy. It's such a relief to know how safe and humane this will be."

"Yeah, it's perfect. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. You had nothing to do with this, and then boom, such a burden put on your neck. You shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place. That do-gooder doctor needs his own trip to Protocol 45."

"Yeah, too bad, he's over 10 years old, huh?"

"Someday, we'll figure out how to go after these haters of freedom and life."


Ways to respond:

1) Personally recognize that we (I) are part of the problem. I want things and my wants sometimes suffocate (sometimes literally) the needs of others for life. We have maimed our friends, hurt our loved ones, and caused others to suffer because we wanted things.
2) Receive God's forgiveness. God sent His Son to die, to be killed, because we have killed our sons and daughters. 
3) Those freed by God's grace are called to help others find freedom. Lord Jesus, have mercy upon me, a sinner.

    Psalm 139: For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand

    when I awake, I am still with you.

No comments: